Social Events and Functions
All Delta Phi Lambda Collegiate members and their invited guests must be aware of and comply with the following policies:
- All Collegiate, Affiliate, and Alumnae members and guests must be in compliance with state laws, university regulations, local ordinances, and national policies.
- Any Delta Phi Lambda social events with other organizations or non-members shall not involve overnight accommodations.
- Any Delta Phi Lambda events held at a men’s fraternity facility must comply with the fraternity’s national/local rules and resolutions and any campus-wide alcohol-free initiatives.
- Open parties are prohibited. There shall be a defined and restricted guest list available at every sponsored or co-sponsored Delta Phi Lambda event. Anyone visibly intoxicated should not be allowed admittance to a Delta Phi Lambda event.
- Pre- and post-social function parties are never approved. Such parties and the attendance by Collegiate members and Affiliate members are not condoned and will not be tolerated by Delta Phi Lambda.
- Co-sponsored social function attendees are limited to chapter members and potential members of both sponsoring groups.
- Each chapter shall have adequate liability and other acceptable insurance protection through the national organization.
- Chapters may not sponsor or co-sponsor a function or event where firearms will be made available for use.
- Chapters must abide by the Social Event Hosting Guide for planning social events and functions.