- When transporting members to and from Delta Phi Lambda events, the use of appropriate safety precautions is required, including using such modes of transportation where the driver has not been consuming alcohol.
- In addition to complying with all state laws, university regulations, and local ordinances, members of legal drinking age who choose to consume alcoholic beverages must do so safely and responsibly. Common carrier, such as taxis, buses, and university or hotel transportation, is the preferred method of transportation to and from all Delta Phi Lambda events.
- If a designated driver program is coordinated by the Chapter for a Chapter event all participants must comply with the chapter’s designated driver guidelines and responsibilities.
- Use of personal vehicles shall be strictly voluntary and the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner/operator. Financial-responsibility laws generally impose responsibility or liability and provide no insurance to drivers or owners of vehicles for accidents or injuries, or for any damages to vehicles not owned by the Sorority that may be used in conjunction with Sorority activities.
- Any individual who drives or provides transportation in conjunction with Sorority activities shall obey all applicable motor vehicle laws, including, but not limited to, those concerning vehicle safety, vehicle operation, financial responsibility and/or insurance, and the transportation and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Operators shall ensure that vehicles are properly maintained, not overloaded, and are operated in a safe manner. Rental vehicles shall be operated in accordance with rental contracts.
- Chapter participation in a designated driver program implemented by the university or other organizations for non-Delta Phi Lambda events is prohibited.